For Axeptia Credit Intelligence AS (“Axeptia”), your privacy and your data security are of high priority.
Axeptia is a software fintech company based in Oslo, Norway and provide credit management software and related services helping businesses to reduce outstanding invoices and reduce credit risk.
1. Data Controller
Axeptia is the data controller for the processing of the personal data of its customers, potential customers, and the employees and users of a customer or a potential customer, including our collaborating partners and employees with our collaborating partners. A user is typically an employee of a customer which has been appointed with a specific proxy to be a user of the services of Axeptia on behalf of that specific customer.
Axeptia is as a data controller and is responsible for that Axeptia’s processing of personal data is in compliance with the Norwegian Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
For the purpose of providing its services, Axeptia connects the systems of the customers of Axeptia with different data sources primarily including data concerning businesses. The customer will provide the customers own data to be integrated in the Axeptia system in a set up for this specific customer.
Axeptia will be a data processor for the processing of the customers data in the Axeptia system and every customer agreement will therefore comprise of a separate data processor agreement.
2. We use your personal data for the following purposes
We process personal data
- to fulfil our agreements with our customers and to provide our customer with our service and products that the customer has requested, including;
- software (graphical user interface).
- data integrations with customers’ own data, data from Axeptia and thirdparty data either from customers own suppliers, or third parties of Axeptia. Examples; financial data from the customers ERP system, external credit information, debt-collection information (from the customers own debt collection agency), and/or other publicly known business information.
- data models (technical architecture allowing data sources to be integrated into Axeptia).
- performance of automated actions based on data within the solution and agreed upon decision rules with the customer to e.g. recommendations on overdue invoices that is suggested that the customer sends to a professional dunning/debt collection provider. It is the customers that are responsible for the ultimate action, and that it is within the legal requirements. This should be closely aligned with the customers own professional dunning/debt collection provider.
- To update the service and products, and fufull our agreements with our customers.
- for onboarding purposes in relation to identification, authentication and verification and the establishment and maintenance of user profiles.
- to offer customer support, services and customer relationship management, user management, including advice and administration.
- to improve, map user patterns, develop and manage our products and services and setting fees and prices for our products and services, including using data analytics and statistics to improve products and services and to test our systems.
3. What personal data do we process?
From our customers and potential customers (incl. sole traders), their employees and registered users and our collaborating partners and their employees and registered users, we may process the following information;
- birth date
- company affiliation
- e-mail address
- telephone number
- credit information on our customers
When you enter your information on our website to consent to join our newsletter or when you send us an inquiry, we may process the following information;
- e-mail address
- company name
- telephone number
- IP address
- cookie information
4. What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
We must have a legal basis (lawful reason) to process your personal data. The legal basis will be one of the following:
- you have entered into or are considering entering into an agreement with us on a service or product, cf. GDPR, art. 6.1(b) and this will be applicable for information on our customers,
- to the extent we have a legitimate interest, cf GDPR, art. 6.1(f), for instance when we process information about the employees and users of our customers,
- you have given us consent to use your personal data for a specific purpose, cf. GDPR, art. 6.1(a) for instance when we collect an marketing consent related to our newsletter,
- to comply with a legal obligation, cf. GDPR, art. 6.1(c)
5. How do we collect the information we have about you?
We collect information directly from you including when you;
- fill in contact forms for ordering services and products
- submit specific documents to us
- participate in meetings with us
- talk to us on the phone
- participate in our customer surveys or promotions organised by us
- use our website, mobile applications, products and services
- communicate with us via letter and digital means, including e-mails, or social media
We collect information about our visitors to our website by observing your actions;
- Axeptia also collects and processes unidentified information about visitors to axeptia.no/axeptia.com and use common Internet technologies, including “Cookies”. These are small cookies (text files) that the website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. Axeptia uses the following cookies [LINK]:
- When you visit Axeptia.no/Axeptia.com and fill out a form on the website, these data will be processed and stored in Axeptia’s CRM-tool, HubSpot.
6. Personal data shared with third parties
Axeptia shares personal data with collaborating partners as data processors including providers of cloud infrastructure, software bug reporting, account administration, and subject to agreement with the customers’ own credit information providers and debt collection agencies. Axeptia is currently using third parties in providing such services, provided that such third parties ensure a level of privacy protection as required by applicable regulations to offer the services and subject to a data processor agreement.
A copy of the list of third parties used by Axeptia may be available upon request by emailing at email@example.com.
7. Retention of Personal Data
Personal data will be stored by Axeptia as long as and to the extent that it is necessary to keep it to provide you with our services and products that you have requested during the customer relationship, and after the end of the customer relationship only as long as Axeptia has a legitimate interest to store the data.
Axeptia may therefore keep relevant personal data for a period after the end of the customer relationship and up to a period of time corresponding to the relevant expiry date in the relevant limitation of liability act.
Personal data will be deleted when Axeptia does not have a legitimate interest to keep the personal data.
8. Data Protection Principles
All employees of Axeptia have bound themselves to comply with professional secrecy and concealment regarding all information they have access to, receive and process related to the performance of the employment and Axeptia’s internal privacy and security guidelines have been communicated to all employees to strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the Company.
9. Rights of the individuals
You have the right to contact us with regards to your personal information, including;
- the right to obtain from Axeptia a confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data.
- the right to obtain from Axeptia, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you.
- the right to request erasure of personal data, if the legal basis for processing of personal data has ceased.
- the right to complain to Axeptia or to the supervisory authority. For Norway, the local authority is Datatilsynet, with the following address; Postboks 458 Sentrum, 0105 Oslo.
10. Contact information
Axeptia Credit Intelligence AS, Gullhaug Torg 1, 0484 Oslo, Norway.
Business register number (Norway): 919 912 154
– Last changed April 30th 2021 –